Writing or updating your Will is something that we often put off doing but it is one of the most important decisions that you can make. That is why we are asking you to make the decision to include INA in your Will.
With no impact on your lifestyle today, leaving a gift in your Will is one of the most powerful ways you can be sure that the vital work of INA continues for years to come.
Why have a will?
No matter what stage of life you are at, a current and professionally written Will can give you peace of mind. By leaving a bequest to INA you can rest assured that the people and the issues you cared about so much will continue to receive help. If you don’t have a valid Will, or if your Will isn’t up to date, there is a risk that your assets will not pass to your intended beneficiaries upon the event of death.
And, INA is now partnering with Safewill to make writing your Will easier and more affordable for you!
How your gift will help tomorrow
Your bequest will (help ) also fund the continuation of our work in support of basic human rights such as the right to a decent education, access to clean water, enough food to eat, mothers and babies that not only survive but thrive, the chance for parents to earn a living to support their families and also taking a stand against injustices and atrocities such as human trafficking and child sexual exploitation. Ultimately our work helps people to help themselves through long-term sustainable change.
You gift will allow our work to continue for years to come.
Some information about WILLS
A Will should be current and valid and should:
- Nominate an Executor – a person (or people, or trustee company) who will ensure that your last wishes are carried out;
- Clearly state those who will receive your assets – these are the beneficiaries;
- Discuss and deal with all of your assets – as your Will may be in place for a long time, this is often done by dividing the “residue” (whatever is left over after any specific gifts are made).
When you write your Will through Safewill, you will receive:
- Online Will writing – Write your Will in under 20 minutes for just $80 (for a limited time).
- Legal expertise – Every Will is reviewed by practicing Australian solicitors.
- Unlimited updates – Get a year of free and unlimited updates included with your Will.
- Leave a lasting gift – Support INA with a gift in your Will, with just one click!
- AND, you’ll be helping INA to implement world-leading, innovative projects that are changing lives across the world.
Visit Make a Will Online Australia – Secure & Simple for more information or to write your Will online today!
Information for solicitors including a gift in your client’s will
As a provider of professional legal, estate planning and Will-writing services, you will meet with many people to draft or update their Wills. We believe you have a vital role to play in our efforts to safeguard children’s rights and ensure equality for girls.
You can help fulfill your clients’ philanthropic wishes to support Plan International Australia through their Will. By encouraging them to share their wishes with their family, you can also help prevent issues from cropping-up further down the track
To include a gift to Plan International Australia in their Will, suggested wording is:
“I give free of all duties and taxes…
(please insert here the appropriate statement selected from those options listed below)
- the whole of my estate;
- [insert number] % of my estate;
- the residue of my estate;
- [insert number] % of the residue of my estate;
- the sum of $ [insert the value of your gift];
- [insert number] of my units/shares in [insert the name of your shares];
- my real property;
- [insert number] % of my property situated at [enter the address] having the title reference [enter the title reference];
- the proceeds from the sale of [enter the specific item such as artwork or jewelry] as liquidated by the executor of the estate;
… to International Needs Australia (ABN 84 006 053 229) for its general purposes. The official receipt of the organisation shall be a full and sufficient discharge to my executor.“
Every gift we receive, no matter its size, helps to safeguard children’s rights and ensure equality for girls. We are thankful to everyone who helps administer a bequest through a Will for the work of ‘International Needs Australia’.
As an Executor to an Estate naming International Needs Australia as a charitable beneficiary, you are uniquely placed to ensure that the last wishes of someone close to you are carried out as they intended. If you have a solicitor acting on your behalf, please provide this information to them.
Your role is an important one that can sometimes be time-consuming and complex. We are here to answer any questions you may have about distributing a gift to International Needs Australia. When the time comes to complete the affairs of the Estate, we will need the following gift-related documents:
- A copy of the last Will, along with any codicils
- Details of the next of kin or surviving close friends so that we can write to thank them and answer any of their questions.
If International Needs Australia is a named beneficiary of the residuary of the Estate, or a proportion of the entire Estate, please also send:
- Grant of Probate
- Copy of Statement of Assets and Liabilities
- Statement of distributions, and,
- Upon completion of the Estate administration, a copy of the Estate Accounts.
Distribution of Gift
When you are in a position to distribute the gift from the Estate, please make cheques payable to International Needs Australia, sent for the attention of our Gifts in Wills Officer. Our postal address is:
Gifts in Wills Officer
International Needs Australia
PO Box 121
Mitcham VIC 3132
Alternatively, if you prefer to make distributions via EFT directly into our account, please contact us on (03) 9877 7177 for the correct details.
Already have a will?
If you have an existing Will and would like to include a gift to INA, you’ll need to complete a Codicil which is a legally binding amendment to your existing Will (this needs to presented to your legal advisor). Chat to us about this if you need more information.
By taking the simple step of including INA in your Will, you’ll be making sure our work with impoverished communities around the world continues for generations to come. You’ll be helping us continue to lift communities out of poverty and set them on the path towards happy, healthy and sustainable futures.
If you would like to discuss the options available to you please feel free to get in touch with us.